While it may seem obvious, writing clearly is a first step to ensure that content is more accessible.
What do I need to do?
To make your content more accessible, be sure to:
- Use the simplest language appropriate for your content
- Use illustrations, icons, etc to supplement text
- Check spelling, grammar, and readability
- Be careful with abbreviations, jargon, complex language, or anything that might confuse the reader
- AVOID THE USE OF ALL CAPS. IT CAN BE DIFFICULT TO READ.
- NCDAE Creating Accessible Electronic Content. Accessed from: http://ncdae.org/resources/cheatsheets/electronic-content.php ↵